This blog is designed with a few purposes in mind for you (the percusory audience) and for me–This blog is an entry into my goal of developing three things:
- Ability to code from ground up–starting with HTML 5 and CSS.
- Learning how to use Social Media beyond just posting on FB or Twitter for the purpose of making it part of my work life.
- Exploring how to write about my adventure and hopefully make some fellow adventurers along the way.
As such, today, I’ve enrolled in three classes on edX:
- HTML5 Introduction
- HTML5 Part 1: HTML5 Coding Essentials and Best Practices
- HTML5 Part 2: Advanced Techniques for Designing HTML5 Apps
Now, before we go any further, I want to say that I’m not starting off completely ignorant of HTML. I studied HTML before going to college, but that was years ago and was way before HTML 5. I think that doesn’t quite make me a Front End Web Dev or anything though. It really just makes me one of those Free Website kiddies that put up poorly crafted Microsoft Paint images with a few lines of HTML that if clicked on, read, “New Content Coming soon!!!” That is until they took down the servers and then it became all but a memory.
In the following posts, I will track my progress as I develop my HTML coding skills as well as insights into the world of Social Media development. If you are on a similar path, chime in and lets see how we can learn from each other.
Till next time,
copyright usage info: